UWM and Wisconsin Literacy to Host Workforce Training Conference: Pathways to Employment: Preparing Wisconsin's Job Seekers
Waukesha, WI: The Waukesha Pewaukee Convention & Visitor Bureau are pleased to announce that UWM and Wisconsin Literacy are hosting a workforce training conference, Pathways to Employment: Preparing Wisconsin's Job Seekers, on Friday, September 19, 2014 from 8:30 am until 3:15 pm at the Country Springs Hotel and Conference Center in Pewaukee. The conference will focus on worker training and support services at literacy agencies, technical colleges, refugee agencies, community organizations and in the workplace for individuals with limited English language skills and academic barriers to success. The conference will offer an opportunity for employers and educators to share strategies on worker training. Scott Jansen, Director of WI Department of Workforce Development will present information on the Fast Forward Initiative and highlight some of the recent funding initiatives focused on job creation and job training.
Breakout sessions will feature a variety of presentations including Connecting Adult Learners to Small Business Training; Connecting to new Employment Services at the Job Centers; Training Programs on Safety and Worker Rights with OSHA; Enhancing Communication, Cultural Understanding and Learning in Multilingual Work Environments and several other topics pertinent to workforce success.
Early Bird registration of $40 will run through September 5th. To register or for more information visit www.wisconsinliteracy.org or call 608-257-1655.
The Waukesha Pewaukee Convention and Visitor Bureau is an economic development organization that strengthens the area by attracting visitors in the convention, sports and leisure markets. Through CVB sales and marketing efforts, Waukesha Pewaukee hosts lively meetings of waterfronts, downtown, fun and people. To learn more about our meetings visit www.visitwaukesha.org
- West Pom girls win Badgerette competition
- 21 Days to Kickstart Your Health
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...
- Thurs, Sept 1 - Pinterest Night at Loft 24! First Thursday Of Each Month
- Sun - Aug 21: Vendor Event to Support Guardians of the Children - Charity Event open to the Public
- Liberty Dance Center Performing at WQYL Radio Summer Event
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) rapidly gaining new members
- Water Studies Focus on Waukesha
- Hartford UHS Team Wins Safety Room Challenge at Muskego High School
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS