Waukesha, WI – May has been designated as Historic Preservation Month. In celebration of our community’s rich history, Waukesha Preservation Alliance, along with many other partner organizations, is proud to host Historic Preservation Days on Saturday, May 17 – Sunday, May 18, 2014. This annual event brings local history to life for participants of all ages. A majority of the events are FREE.
Saturday’s activities include historic walking tours, a guided springs tour, an antique vehicle display, and an opportunity to view and learn the history of Silurian Spring. The Waukesha County Museum will host an open house of its exhibits. Special events include an Introduction to Tea, as well as a historic brewery memorabilia display inside a local brewery. On Sunday, open houses of historic homes will be offered.
The Waukesha Preservation Alliance will also be hosting a Historic Photo Scavenger Hunt Contest, where participants will search through the historic sections of our City to find the small details of buildings. All correct entries will be entered in a drawing for prizes donated by local businesses and organizations.
For updated information, visit waukeshapreservation.org or contact
- West Pom girls win Badgerette competition
- 21 Days to Kickstart Your Health
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...
- Thurs, Sept 1 - Pinterest Night at Loft 24! First Thursday Of Each Month
- Sun - Aug 21: Vendor Event to Support Guardians of the Children - Charity Event open to the Public
- Liberty Dance Center Performing at WQYL Radio Summer Event
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) rapidly gaining new members
- Water Studies Focus on Waukesha
- Hartford UHS Team Wins Safety Room Challenge at Muskego High School
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS