Oconomowoc, Wisconsin -February 20, 2014
The American Association of University Women, Oconomowoc Branch (AAUW, a non-profit organization that advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, and research, will award two $1000.00 scholarships this Spring 2014. Applicants must be a graduating High School senior, or a female returning to complete her degree, living in the Lake Country area, and be planning to attend a post secondary school for the Fall 2014 semester.
Applicants must submit a typed essay of 250-500 words answering the following
question. " How important is the role that education plays in the current and future lives of women worldwide, and how do you see the importance of education in your current and future life?"
Entries must be post marked by May 10th, and should be sent to Chardy Booth,
3848 Sawyer Road, Oconomowoc, WI 53066. Scholarship recipients will be selected at the end of May, with awards given in June.
In addition to the essay all applicants must include a cover letter introducing themselves, listing their name, address, phone number, email address, and name of school attending this fall. Plus they need to include a recent school transcript, and a reference letter from a recent school teacher or professor.
- West Pom girls win Badgerette competition
- 21 Days to Kickstart Your Health
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...
- Thurs, Sept 1 - Pinterest Night at Loft 24! First Thursday Of Each Month
- Sun - Aug 21: Vendor Event to Support Guardians of the Children - Charity Event open to the Public
- Liberty Dance Center Performing at WQYL Radio Summer Event
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) rapidly gaining new members
- Water Studies Focus on Waukesha
- Hartford UHS Team Wins Safety Room Challenge at Muskego High School
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS