Hamilton High School’s forensics team earned 10th place in its division March 29 at the Greater Metro Conference state meet at Ripon College. The team’s 10th place finish is the best performance at state in more than 15 years and a significant improvement from last year’s 18th place finish.
A total of 25 Hamilton entries joined more than 1,000 students from 72 schools throughout the state to compete in various speech and drama categories. The team award was determined by evaluating the average rank performance of individual team members.
The following students were category trophy winners:
•Cassandra Zimdars, third place in Prose;
•Danielle Kallis, sixth place in Special Occasion;
•Ila Avinash, ninth place in Moments in History; and
•Erin Magoon, 10th place in Four-Minute Informative.
Focusing on developing students’ public speaking and communication skills, the Hamilton forensics team helps students build confidence and community through extra-curricular competition.
- West Pom girls win Badgerette competition
- 21 Days to Kickstart Your Health
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...
- Thurs, Sept 1 - Pinterest Night at Loft 24! First Thursday Of Each Month
- Sun - Aug 21: Vendor Event to Support Guardians of the Children - Charity Event open to the Public
- Liberty Dance Center Performing at WQYL Radio Summer Event
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) rapidly gaining new members
- Water Studies Focus on Waukesha
- Hartford UHS Team Wins Safety Room Challenge at Muskego High School
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS