Oak Hill Terrace Senior Community will host an educational seminar entitled, "The Gift and Challenge of Being a Caregiver." Join us as our speaker, Adele Lund of the Laureate Group helps us to ponder one of the most rewarding and most challenging roles. She'll address:
• What should we “reasonably” expect from someone who is a caregiver?
• What keeps a caregiver from asking for help?
• When it comes to caring for someone with memory loss . . . Why is it that we are reluctant to make decisions on their behalf?
• What causes you to become overwhelmed?
And then there’s the “Guilt”. This program will help you gain some understanding, validation, and to put it all in perspective.
The program will be held on Tuesday, March 11th from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. at Oak Hill Terrace, 1805 Kensington Drive in Waukesha. A light supper will be provided and tours of Oak Hill Terrace will be available after the program. Please RSVP to 262-548-1457 no later than Friday, March 7th.
Oak Hill Terrace is a Laureate Group senior community and offers independent and assisted living apartments, as well as compassionate dementia care. For more information, visit www.laureategroup.com
- West Pom girls win Badgerette competition
- 21 Days to Kickstart Your Health
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...
- Thurs, Sept 1 - Pinterest Night at Loft 24! First Thursday Of Each Month
- Sun - Aug 21: Vendor Event to Support Guardians of the Children - Charity Event open to the Public
- Liberty Dance Center Performing at WQYL Radio Summer Event
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) rapidly gaining new members
- Water Studies Focus on Waukesha
- Hartford UHS Team Wins Safety Room Challenge at Muskego High School
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS