Hamilton High School’s Charger Corner earned Gold recertification this year and will be recognized at the DECA International Career Development Conference in Atlanta. Hamilton students who worked on attaining certification were store managers Therese Merkel and Grace Modl with assistance from faculty advisor and marketing teacher Skip Hay. This is the seventh time Charger Corner has earned Gold certification.
School-based enterprises (SBE) are effective educational tools in helping to prepare students for the transition from school to work or college. DECA developed the SBE Certification Program to recognize outstanding achievement and motivate excellence and growth. The program provides enterprises with standards for model school store operation. A DECA review committee determines if a school store is certified with a bronze, silver or gold designation. The gold certification is the highest among three levels.
DECA is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit student organization preparing its membership for careers in marketing, management, finance and hospitality. It has more than 190,000 members nationwide. Approximately 80 students are involved in Hamilton’s DECA Chapter.
- West Pom girls win Badgerette competition
- 21 Days to Kickstart Your Health
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...
- Thurs, Sept 1 - Pinterest Night at Loft 24! First Thursday Of Each Month
- Sun - Aug 21: Vendor Event to Support Guardians of the Children - Charity Event open to the Public
- Liberty Dance Center Performing at WQYL Radio Summer Event
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) rapidly gaining new members
- Water Studies Focus on Waukesha
- Hartford UHS Team Wins Safety Room Challenge at Muskego High School
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS