Family Search website – what’s new
October 23rd Waukesha County Genealogical Society will host Earl Capps who will speak about the Family Search website – what’s new. He will cover topics ranging from 1) why should I use FamilySearch.org, 2) how to get free live assistance, and
3) entering/editing your Family Tree.
Earl began doing genealogy research in 1969 with a LOT of help from his grandmother. He was the director of the Family Search Libraries for 2 1/2 years and has been a volunteer for 14 years. Earl has been a teacher at High School, Vocational School and University levels and even taught K through 12 in Summer School. He worked for the Department of Energy for 10 years – all in Computer Science.
Meeting time 7:00 P.M. at St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, 300 Carroll St., Waukesha (parking lot adjoins the Waukesha Public Library).
Meetings are FREE! Individual membership is $12/yr. The WCGS brings beginning and experienced genealogists together on a regular basis to meet, discuss, and learn. For more information visit our new blog at: www.waukcgs.blogspot.com.
- West Pom girls win Badgerette competition
- 21 Days to Kickstart Your Health
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...
- Thurs, Sept 1 - Pinterest Night at Loft 24! First Thursday Of Each Month
- Sun - Aug 21: Vendor Event to Support Guardians of the Children - Charity Event open to the Public
- Liberty Dance Center Performing at WQYL Radio Summer Event
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) rapidly gaining new members
- Water Studies Focus on Waukesha
- Hartford UHS Team Wins Safety Room Challenge at Muskego High School
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS