The U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary is offering a special course on boater safety at the Pewaukee Yacht Club and the North Prairie Village Hall. The course is designed for both experienced and novice boaters to learn about boater safety rules and practices. The topics presented will include handling boating emergencies, knowing one’s boat, getting underway, navigating waterways, operating one’s boat safely, and boating legal requirements.
Persons born on or after January 1, 1989, are required to complete a boating safety course to operate a motorized boat or personal watercraft (PWC) legally on Wisconsin waters. Upon successful completion of the course, a Wisconsin DNR boating safety certificate will be issued.
The classes will be held on six consecutive Mondays and Wednesday evenings, 6:30-8:30 p.m., March 8 to May 22. Classes will be held on Mondays at the North Prairie Village Hall, 130 N. Harrison Street, and Wednesdays at the Pewaukee Yacht Club, N22W28204 Edgewater Drive, Pewaukee.
The registration fee is $40. Family discounts are available. Persons wanting to take the course are asked to contact Paul Neumiller, 262 392-8117, to register or for additional information.
The U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary is the volunteer branch of the U.S. Coast Guard supporting its missions, including recreational boating safety. The U.S. Coast Guard is a military, maritime, multi-mission service within the Department of Homeland Security dedicated to protecting the safety and security of the United States of America.
- West Pom girls win Badgerette competition
- 21 Days to Kickstart Your Health
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...
- Thurs, Sept 1 - Pinterest Night at Loft 24! First Thursday Of Each Month
- Sun - Aug 21: Vendor Event to Support Guardians of the Children - Charity Event open to the Public
- Liberty Dance Center Performing at WQYL Radio Summer Event
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) rapidly gaining new members
- Water Studies Focus on Waukesha
- Hartford UHS Team Wins Safety Room Challenge at Muskego High School
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS