Hamilton High School art students earned eight awards in the 2013 Scholastic Art Awards – Wisconsin Regional Competition and Exhibition. Students who earned awards were:
•Constance Dowden, Gold Key for comic art;
•Mayya Pechenova, Gold Key for ceramics;
•Cassandra Metzger, Gold Key in photography;
•Taylor Burns, Silver Key for fashion;
•Frances Weiss, Silver Key for glass;
•Courtney Lehmann, Honorable Mention for comic art;
•Lindsey Paquette, Honorable Mention for sculpture; and
•Zackery Smith, Honorable Mention for ceramics.
The Wisconsin Scholastic Art Awards program, which features outstanding works by students in grades 7–12, is the regional section of the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards National Program conducted by the Alliance for Young Artists and Writers, Inc.
Students will be recognized Feb. 2 at a private awards ceremony at the Milwaukee Art Museum. The Silver Key and Gold Key artwork will be exhibited Feb. 2 - March 17 in the museum’s Schroeder West Galleria & Pieper Education Gallery. The Gold Key award-winners’ work will go on for national competition.
- West Pom girls win Badgerette competition
- 21 Days to Kickstart Your Health
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...
- Thurs, Sept 1 - Pinterest Night at Loft 24! First Thursday Of Each Month
- Sun - Aug 21: Vendor Event to Support Guardians of the Children - Charity Event open to the Public
- Liberty Dance Center Performing at WQYL Radio Summer Event
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) rapidly gaining new members
- Water Studies Focus on Waukesha
- Hartford UHS Team Wins Safety Room Challenge at Muskego High School
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS