Waukesha resident wins Days of Sharing donation for Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer (MACC Fund) from Northwestern Mutual
Northwestern Mutual, through its Foundation, is announcing a $4,000 grant for Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer (MACC Fund) on behalf of Waukesha resident Elizabeth Whitcomb, a winner in Northwestern Mutual’s Days of Sharing campaign. The annual program encourages employees to nominate local nonprofits they care deeply about to receive grant funds in their name.
Whitcomb works as a business consultant senior specialist in the information systems department at the Milwaukee-based financial security company.
“The grant will support MACC Fund's mission to find a cure for childhood cancer and related blood disorders by providing critical funding for research,” said Whitcomb. “As a MACC Fund volunteer, I’ve seen the phenomenal work it does and can't imagine anything better than a world cured of childhood cancer.”
More than 770 employees nominated their favorite local nonprofit as part of Days of Sharing this year. The 25 winning grants were chosen at random each day during the week of November 12 and range in size from $1,000 to $10,000.
“Northwestern Mutual employees have a long history of giving back to the community,” said John Kordsmeier, president, Northwestern Mutual Foundation. “This is a unique way for us to recognize and honor the passion that employees like Elizabeth have for strengthening the places where we live and work.”
More than 1,000 Northwestern Mutual employees donate 21,000 hours each year to community volunteer efforts through group activities, mentoring, charity drives, and service on nonprofit boards.
In the program’s five-year history, the Northwestern Mutual Foundation has awarded more than $600,000 in grants on behalf of its employees.
- West Pom girls win Badgerette competition
- 21 Days to Kickstart Your Health
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...
- Thurs, Sept 1 - Pinterest Night at Loft 24! First Thursday Of Each Month
- Sun - Aug 21: Vendor Event to Support Guardians of the Children - Charity Event open to the Public
- Liberty Dance Center Performing at WQYL Radio Summer Event
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) rapidly gaining new members
- Water Studies Focus on Waukesha
- Hartford UHS Team Wins Safety Room Challenge at Muskego High School
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS