The Waukesha County Recycling Office is sponsoring two free workshops on Saturday, April 14, at the Retzer Nature Center.
Compost Workshop from 10:00 – 11:00 am: Learn how to create your own compost, how to use it, and different bin styles to build or buy. Find out the “Top 10 Reasons” to compost! Discover the secrets of healthy soil for beautiful lawns and gardens, and the role compost plays.
Caring for Your Lawn the Organic Way 1:00 – 2:00 pm: Treating weeds with herbicides, insects with pesticides, and promoting grass growth with synthetic fertilizers has been our traditional approach to maintaining a green lawn. However, not only do these products present potential health concerns for our families and pets, we now know that they damage the soil. You can have a green and healthy lawn through organic practices that also feed the soil – our most basic life-support system.
Both workshops are free; however, registration is encouraged in order to have the appropriate number of materials ready. Please call 262-578-7801 by Friday, April 13.
These workshops are part of Retzer’s “School” of the Land. For more information about the workshops, visit www.waukeshacounty/recycling
- West Pom girls win Badgerette competition
- 21 Days to Kickstart Your Health
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...
- Thurs, Sept 1 - Pinterest Night at Loft 24! First Thursday Of Each Month
- Sun - Aug 21: Vendor Event to Support Guardians of the Children - Charity Event open to the Public
- Liberty Dance Center Performing at WQYL Radio Summer Event
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) rapidly gaining new members
- Water Studies Focus on Waukesha
- Hartford UHS Team Wins Safety Room Challenge at Muskego High School
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS