The Waukesha Memorial Hospital scholarship program recently awarded scholarships to 21 Waukesha County residents who are pursuing degrees in a health-related field.
This year’s scholarships were funded by the Waukesha Memorial Hospital Foundation with contributions that were made in memory of Dr. Earl Schultz, Mardell Weir and Vidabelle Howe. Students received between $1,000 and $3,000 in grants for an academic year. Scholarship grants may be applied to any school or college that is accredited in the field in which the grant is made.
Since the scholarship program was initiated in 1957, 532 scholarships have been awarded totaling almost $987,000.
2011 Scholarship Recipients from Waukesha are the following;
Sarah Bernhardt plans to attend Carroll University to study Physical Therapy
Marisa Camacho plans to attend UW-Madison to study Nursing
Ryan Lau plans to attend Dartmouth College to study Clinical Lab Sciences
Katie Schlimgen plans to attend Carroll University to study Nursing
Karina Weidman plans to attend Milwaukee School of Engineering to study Nursing
- West Pom girls win Badgerette competition
- 21 Days to Kickstart Your Health
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...
- Thurs, Sept 1 - Pinterest Night at Loft 24! First Thursday Of Each Month
- Sun - Aug 21: Vendor Event to Support Guardians of the Children - Charity Event open to the Public
- Liberty Dance Center Performing at WQYL Radio Summer Event
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) rapidly gaining new members
- Water Studies Focus on Waukesha
- Hartford UHS Team Wins Safety Room Challenge at Muskego High School
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS