The Catholic Memorial boys volleyball team took second-seeded Burlington to a fourth game, but the Demons ultimately won en route to a state runner-up finish with a 25-15, 25-20, 22-25, 25-22 victory in the WIAA state quarterfinal Nov. 9.
The match, held at Wisconsin Lutheran College in Wauwatosa, featured a balanced CMH attack. Chandler North finished with 15 kills, Jonathan Rymer 14 and Eric Schmitz 10, with Paul Heyrman handing out 28 assists and Rymer finishing with eight digs.
The Crusaders finished 27-10. Appleton North defeated Burlington in the state final Saturday evening.
- Baseball: Controversy surrounds Northstars' sectional loss
- Live coverage: 2016 WIAA Summer Baseball Sectional Round
- Track and field: Waukesha West's Erik Sowinski misses Olympic bid by less than second
- Baseball: Waukesha West's Jarred Kelenic makes cut for Team USA U18 baseball team
- Girls soccer: Catholic Memorial girls soccer wins fifth straight state title
- Waukesha South tennis falls in state quarterfinal
- Boys basketball: Catholic Memorial turns to Serath to lead hoops program
- Lacrosse: Catholic Memorial claims boys D2 lacrosse title
- Girls soccer: Waukesha West dominates on its way to state tournament
- Boys golf: Catholic Memorial golfers apply the pressure, emerge with state-title gem