Verizon store robbed at gunpoint
A Verizon store, 1921 Silvernail Road, was robbed at gunpoint by two men, who allegedly stole $50,000 worth of phones, Jan. 30.
According to the police dispatch log, both men were wearing black hooded sweatshirts. One man was wearing a batman mask and the other had a scarf over his face. The men were described as 6 foot and thin build.
The men fled on foot after stealing the equipment. According to the police log, there were three employees in the store at the time, but no customers.
Capt. Ron Oremus said footprints were spotted at the scene going to a vehicle, but with it snowing that afternoon they disappeared quickly.
And while not confirmed, Oremus said this robbery could be related to a robbery at a Verizon store in Shorewood two days earlier. That store, at 4144 N. Oakland Ave., was robbed at gunpoint as well.
Police are still searching for the suspects.
- Unfavorable weather crimps attendance at Waukesha County Fair
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who led police on naked, drug-fueled pursuit
- Ex-Kmart site in Waukesha to grow with new freestanding retail building
- Plans for new Mad Rooster Cafe net final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission (1)
- Power outage temporarily closes Waukesha County Courthouse, administrative buildings
- Assembly District 83 candidates agree on taxes, differ on opiate issue
- GOP vice presidential candidate Mike Pence to hold rally at Waukesha County Expo Center
- Waukesha man accused of spitting on, trying to bite police officers
- Waukesha panel OKs La Casa de Esperanza's charter school expansion
- Waukesha planning staff mulling another downtown apartment project