A 22-year-old Waukesha County prisoner was accused of assaulting another inmate on June 11.
Siddique A Qureshi was charged last week in Waukesha County Circuit Court with battery. Qureshi, who has one prior conviction for burglary, will be tried as a repeat offender.
If convicted, he faces up to six additional years in prison and $10,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, Qureshi attacked a 30-year-old inmate after the two exchanged words near the common area of the jail.
Qureshi allegedly charged into the other inmate's cell and slammed his head against the jail floor and walls a number of times, and at one point attempted to bite him.
Police indicated they instructed the two prisoners to separate on multiple occasions and eventually deployed pepper spray in an attempt to neutralize them.
Qureshi continued to strike the other prisoner until officers subdued him with a Taser, the complaint states.
The man who Qureshi attacked had previously been convicted of assaulting a police officer and driving with a revoked license, according to court records.
Qureshi made his initial appearance in court on Thursday, June 12.
- Unfavorable weather crimps attendance at Waukesha County Fair
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who led police on naked, drug-fueled pursuit
- Ex-Kmart site in Waukesha to grow with new freestanding retail building
- Plans for new Mad Rooster Cafe net final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission
- Power outage temporarily closes Waukesha County Courthouse, administrative buildings
- Assembly District 83 candidates agree on taxes, differ on opiate issue
- GOP vice presidential candidate Mike Pence to hold rally at Waukesha County Expo Center
- Waukesha man accused of spitting on, trying to bite police officers
- Waukesha panel OKs La Casa de Esperanza's charter school expansion
- Waukesha planning staff mulling another downtown apartment project