Besides all the pancakes you want, the Town of Waukesha's Fire Department's annual All-You-Can-Eat Pancake Breakfast this weekend kicks off its Fire and Prevention week.
The breakfast will be held from 7 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday at Town Hall, W250 S3567 Center Road.
A donation of $5 is requested for the pancakes, while children 2 years old and younger eat free.
There will be a raffle and silent auction during the event where individuals can win prizes such as a flat screen TV, golf equipment, art pieces, video game consoles, among others.
Town of Waukesha Fire Chief Dan Buchholtz said the department hopes to raise $6,000 to $10,000 at the event.
Buchholtz said the money made will go to help the department replace rescue extrication equipment, particularly a Jaws of Life, a tool used to free people from mangled cars and burning or collapsed buildings.
"The one we have is getting old and in need of substantial repairs, so we're hoping to raise funds for that," Buchholtz said.
Buchholtz said a Jaws of Life costs about $18,000 and whatever they can't raise at the breakfast, the fire chief indicated that the department will ask for it on the upcoming Town budget.
In addition to the breakfast, which Buchholtz said has been going on for more than 30 years, a Flight For Life team will be there.
Town of Waukesha Fire Department crews will also offer fire prevention and awareness tips during the morning and a smokehouse as well.
A smokehouse simulates some of the effects of a fire situation and teaches kids how to react if a fire arises.
Moreover, the fire department will host a live, side-by-side fire and sprinkler burn demonstration for the public at 10:15 a.m. The demonstration is a visualization of the speed of a typical home fire and its potential for deadly destruction.
The department will also have pumpkins available for children to take home.
As part of Fire Prevention Week, Buchholtz said Town of Waukesha Fire Department firefighters will go to Rose Glen Elementary School and local day cares to talk about fire prevention next week.
At a Glance
What: All-You-Can-Eat Pancake Breakfast
When: 7 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday
Where: Town Hall, W250 S3567 Center Road, Town of Waukesha
Cost: $5 donation; children 2 years old and younger are free
Money raised will help fund a Jaws of Life for the Fire Department
- Unfavorable weather crimps attendance at Waukesha County Fair
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who led police on naked, drug-fueled pursuit
- Ex-Kmart site in Waukesha to grow with new freestanding retail building
- Plans for new Mad Rooster Cafe net final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission
- Power outage temporarily closes Waukesha County Courthouse, administrative buildings
- Assembly District 83 candidates agree on taxes, differ on opiate issue
- GOP vice presidential candidate Mike Pence to hold rally at Waukesha County Expo Center
- Waukesha man accused of spitting on, trying to bite police officers
- Waukesha panel OKs La Casa de Esperanza's charter school expansion
- Waukesha planning staff mulling another downtown apartment project