A 34-year-old man was listed in serious condition, but is recovering after sustaining a gun shot wound in the lower abdomen Sept. 26.
Waukesha Police and Fire Department personnel responded to a shooting incident just before 4:40 p.m. in the 2700 block of Albany Court, Sgt. Joe Hendricks said. The man was conscious and alert when police arrived to the scene, Hendricks said.
After an investigation it was determined the gunshot was self inflicted.
A second subject on the scene sustained non-life threatening injuries and was treated at a local hospital.
Hendricks said no suspects are in police custody at this time. Names are also not available at this time, Hendricks added.
"This was an isolated incident and the public should not fear any further danger," Hendricks said.
- Unfavorable weather crimps attendance at Waukesha County Fair
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who led police on naked, drug-fueled pursuit
- Ex-Kmart site in Waukesha to grow with new freestanding retail building
- Plans for new Mad Rooster Cafe net final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission
- Power outage temporarily closes Waukesha County Courthouse, administrative buildings
- Assembly District 83 candidates agree on taxes, differ on opiate issue
- GOP vice presidential candidate Mike Pence to hold rally at Waukesha County Expo Center
- Waukesha man accused of spitting on, trying to bite police officers
- Waukesha panel OKs La Casa de Esperanza's charter school expansion
- Waukesha planning staff mulling another downtown apartment project