Cuddles, a stuffed animal and gift store, is closing its doors after more than 30 years of operating in downtown Waukesha.
With owner Sally Shoemaker retiring, the store will close on Thursday, July 31.
Shoemaker has been holding a retirement sale over the last few days and will until Thursday at the 231 W. Main St. store.
For many years, Cuddles was located at the Five Points on Broadway Street, where The Clarke Hotel is now located.
In 2009, however, the shop moved into Martha Merrell's Books on Main Street.
Martha Merrell's Books will remain open.
Waukesha NOW will have a feature on Shoemaker and Cuddles' run in downtown Waukesha in next week's print edition and online.
- Unfavorable weather crimps attendance at Waukesha County Fair
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who led police on naked, drug-fueled pursuit
- Ex-Kmart site in Waukesha to grow with new freestanding retail building
- Plans for new Mad Rooster Cafe net final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission (1)
- Power outage temporarily closes Waukesha County Courthouse, administrative buildings
- Assembly District 83 candidates agree on taxes, differ on opiate issue
- GOP vice presidential candidate Mike Pence to hold rally at Waukesha County Expo Center
- Waukesha man accused of spitting on, trying to bite police officers
- Waukesha panel OKs La Casa de Esperanza's charter school expansion
- Waukesha planning staff mulling another downtown apartment project