A 48-year-old Waukesha man was accused on Wednesday, June 18, of masturbating while viewing pornographic images on a computer at the Waukesha Public Library.
Gerard Streator was charged on Thursday, June 19, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with lewd and lascivious behavior as well as felony and misdemeanor bail jumping. Streator is currently standing trial for another indecent exposure case, according to court records.
If convicted on the new charges, he faces up to 71/2 years in prison and $30,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha police responded to the library around 3:30 p.m. on June 18 to a report of indecent exposure. A library employee allegedly witnessed Streator viewing pornography and masturbating while sitting at a public-access computer.
Streator reportedly admitted to exposing his genitals when confronted by police, but also claimed he began researching how the sun was created once he realized his browsing time had almost expired.
Streator is currently being held at the county jail on a $2,500 cash band. If released, he is prohibited from the library premises.
His next court hearing is scheduled for Wednesday, July 9.
- Unfavorable weather crimps attendance at Waukesha County Fair
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who led police on naked, drug-fueled pursuit
- Ex-Kmart site in Waukesha to grow with new freestanding retail building
- Plans for new Mad Rooster Cafe net final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission (1)
- Power outage temporarily closes Waukesha County Courthouse, administrative buildings
- Assembly District 83 candidates agree on taxes, differ on opiate issue
- GOP vice presidential candidate Mike Pence to hold rally at Waukesha County Expo Center
- Waukesha man accused of spitting on, trying to bite police officers
- Waukesha panel OKs La Casa de Esperanza's charter school expansion
- Waukesha planning staff mulling another downtown apartment project