Waukesha man faces sexual assault charges
Peale, 23, charged with enticement, child sex assault in Waukesha incident
A 23-year-old Waukesha man has been accused of having sex with a 15-year-old girl in the city of Waukesha.
Tevin J. Peale, 321 W. Newhall Ave., No. 3, was charged May 27 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with child enticement and sexually assaulting a child under age 16. Peale faces up to 80 years in prison and $200,000 in fines if convicted on both counts.
According to the criminal complaint, Peale asked the victim to sneak out of her aunt's house and meet up with him early in the morning May 24 near a park on Newhall Avenue.
While there, Peale and the victim had sexual intercourse in Peale's car.
The victim had been staying with her aunt because her parents didn't approve of her relationship with Peale, the complaint states.
Peale was arrested later that night at his residence after police found him hiding in the shower.
"It's not what it seems, it just happened," he told police in the complaint.
Peale allegedly confessed to the crime and said it would not happen again, the complaint states.
Peale is being held at Waukesha County Jail on a $20,000 cash bond.
Peale was ordered by court commissioner Laura Lau to have no unsupervised contact with any female under age 18. He was also ordered to avoid using devices with Internet access.
Peale's preliminary hearing is scheduled for Wednesday, June 11.
- Unfavorable weather crimps attendance at Waukesha County Fair
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who led police on naked, drug-fueled pursuit
- Ex-Kmart site in Waukesha to grow with new freestanding retail building
- Plans for new Mad Rooster Cafe net final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission
- Power outage temporarily closes Waukesha County Courthouse, administrative buildings
- Assembly District 83 candidates agree on taxes, differ on opiate issue
- GOP vice presidential candidate Mike Pence to hold rally at Waukesha County Expo Center
- Waukesha man accused of spitting on, trying to bite police officers
- Waukesha panel OKs La Casa de Esperanza's charter school expansion
- Waukesha planning staff mulling another downtown apartment project