A sugary candy on a man's front porch in Waukesha prompted a call to police.
According to the police log, a man at 445 Kimberly Drive found two packs of Sweet Tarts on the front porch of his house prior to 3:06 p.m. April 22.
He said he thought the candy was put there from someone who was trying to entice his children.
The caller thought finding the Sweet Tarts on his front porch was odd and didn't know if the candy had been tampered with or if it was even meant for his kids.
Police told the man to discard the candy.
Another odd Waukesha police incident came after police were called to 1012 Caroline St. at 12:27 a.m. April 21. Police could hear a man and female yelling with the woman yelling about taking her dog for a walk.
Upon police arrival, the woman was very intoxicated and unable and unwilling to provide officers with her reason for calling 9-1-1. She was emotional and became angry, calling officers "stupid" and "rookies."
The man inside told police the woman wanted to take a dog for a walk, but he would not let her due to the dog's energy and the woman's intoxication level.
For more Waukesha police items, including thefts, burglaries and other strange calls, see Waukesha Now's weekly police blotter page.
- Unfavorable weather crimps attendance at Waukesha County Fair
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who led police on naked, drug-fueled pursuit
- Ex-Kmart site in Waukesha to grow with new freestanding retail building
- Plans for new Mad Rooster Cafe net final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission (1)
- Power outage temporarily closes Waukesha County Courthouse, administrative buildings
- Assembly District 83 candidates agree on taxes, differ on opiate issue
- GOP vice presidential candidate Mike Pence to hold rally at Waukesha County Expo Center
- Waukesha man accused of spitting on, trying to bite police officers
- Waukesha panel OKs La Casa de Esperanza's charter school expansion
- Waukesha planning staff mulling another downtown apartment project