Town of Waukesha candidate forum still scheduled despite two not attending
Radke, Doerr won't participate
A forum with the candidates in the two Town of Waukesha supervisors elections will be from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Monday at Town Hall, W250 S3567 Center Road.
However, two of the candidates have declined to attend.
The forum was supposed to feature candidates for the Supervisor 1 and 3 seats.
But one candidate in each race has stated that they will not participate in the forum.
Jim Radke, seeking the Supervisor 1 seat, and Michael Doerr, seeking the Supervisor 3 seat, have both said they won't attend.
Radke is facing incumbent Joe Banske, while Doerr is facing management consulting firm owner and former Town of Waukesha Chairwoman Angie E. Van Scyoc in the April 1 general election.
Van Scyoc said Friday she hoped that the two would reconsider by Monday night as she and Banske are still both planning on being there to answer questions.
A representative from the League of Women Voters will moderate the forum for now just Banske and Van Scyoc.
- Unfavorable weather crimps attendance at Waukesha County Fair
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who led police on naked, drug-fueled pursuit
- Ex-Kmart site in Waukesha to grow with new freestanding retail building
- Plans for new Mad Rooster Cafe net final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission (1)
- Power outage temporarily closes Waukesha County Courthouse, administrative buildings
- Assembly District 83 candidates agree on taxes, differ on opiate issue
- GOP vice presidential candidate Mike Pence to hold rally at Waukesha County Expo Center
- Waukesha man accused of spitting on, trying to bite police officers
- Waukesha panel OKs La Casa de Esperanza's charter school expansion
- Waukesha planning staff mulling another downtown apartment project