Waukesha police are investigating a shooting that occurred on the 2100 block of Kensington Drive at 4 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 5.
According to a news release, witnesses reported that the suspect shot at a vehicle occupied by two adult victims and is believed to have fled on foot.
The victims were uninjured and fled the scene, but were later located by police.
According to the dispatch log, police called in an armored truck and K9 unit to search a nearby apartment complex, but the suspect was not located.
Preliminary reports indicate the shooter and victims knew each other, the release states.
Lt. Joe Hendricks said the investigation is ongoing and investigators are actively following leads.
- Unfavorable weather crimps attendance at Waukesha County Fair
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who led police on naked, drug-fueled pursuit
- Ex-Kmart site in Waukesha to grow with new freestanding retail building
- Plans for new Mad Rooster Cafe net final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission
- Power outage temporarily closes Waukesha County Courthouse, administrative buildings
- Assembly District 83 candidates agree on taxes, differ on opiate issue
- GOP vice presidential candidate Mike Pence to hold rally at Waukesha County Expo Center
- Waukesha man accused of spitting on, trying to bite police officers
- Waukesha panel OKs La Casa de Esperanza's charter school expansion
- Waukesha planning staff mulling another downtown apartment project