Shortly after longtime Waukesha County Sheriff Dan Trawicki announced plans not to seek re-election next year, two names have surfaced as candidates interested in the position.
Brian Dorow, associate dean at Waukesha County Technical College's Department for Criminal Justice, is interested in the position according to sources. Dorow was a supervisor in the City of Waukesha Police Department.
Sources have also indicated Waukesha County Sheriff Inspector Eric Severson is interested in serving as the county's next sheriff.
Trawicki has served as sheriff for 34 years and said it was just a good time to step down.
- Unfavorable weather crimps attendance at Waukesha County Fair
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who led police on naked, drug-fueled pursuit
- Ex-Kmart site in Waukesha to grow with new freestanding retail building
- Plans for new Mad Rooster Cafe net final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission (1)
- Power outage temporarily closes Waukesha County Courthouse, administrative buildings
- Assembly District 83 candidates agree on taxes, differ on opiate issue
- GOP vice presidential candidate Mike Pence to hold rally at Waukesha County Expo Center
- Waukesha man accused of spitting on, trying to bite police officers
- Waukesha panel OKs La Casa de Esperanza's charter school expansion
- Waukesha planning staff mulling another downtown apartment project