The City of Waukesha began its annual leaf pickup this week, below is the schedule for remaining dates for pickup. Have leaves raked to the terrace area (area between sidewalk and street) in front of your home by 7 a.m. on the scheduled day of pickup.
The city's recycle center, 750 Sentry Drive, will accept leaves at no charge to city residents from Oct. 21 through Dec. 14.
Recycle center hours are: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 21-Dec. 9 with leaves dropped off only, no other items accepted; 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday, through Dec. 11 with leaves and other items accepted; and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday year round with leaves and other items accepted.
Raking leaves into the gutter is prohibited by city ordinance. Burning leaves and debris is also prohibited. Residents are encouraged to mulch their leaves.
For more information, visit www.ci.waukesha.wi.us, or call (262) 524-3600.
|Aldermanic District||First scheduled dates for pickup of loose leaves||Second scheduled dates for pickup of loose leaves||Third scheduled dates for pickup of loose leaves|
|1||Oct. 21||Nov. 6||Dec. 2|
|2||Oct. 30||Nov. 7||Dec. 11|
|3||Oct 21||Nov. 4||Dec. 2|
|4||Oct. 30||Nov. 19||Dec. 11|
|5||Oct. 23||Nov. 12||Dec. 4|
|6||Oct. 29||Nov. 7||Dec. 10|
|7||Oct. 31||Nov. 20||Dec. 12|
|8||Oct. 24||Nov. 14||Dec. 5|
|9||Oct. 28||Nov. 18||Dec. 9|
|10||Nov. 1||Nov. 21||Dec. 13|
|11||Oct. 29||Nov. 13||Dec. 10|
|12||Oct. 22||Nov. 8||Dec. 3|
|13||Oct. 25||Nov. 15||Dec. 6|
|14||Oct. 22||Nov. 11||Dec. 3|
|15||Oct. 23||Nov. 5||Dec. 4|
- Unfavorable weather crimps attendance at Waukesha County Fair
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who led police on naked, drug-fueled pursuit
- Ex-Kmart site in Waukesha to grow with new freestanding retail building
- Plans for new Mad Rooster Cafe net final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission
- Power outage temporarily closes Waukesha County Courthouse, administrative buildings
- Assembly District 83 candidates agree on taxes, differ on opiate issue
- GOP vice presidential candidate Mike Pence to hold rally at Waukesha County Expo Center
- Waukesha man accused of spitting on, trying to bite police officers
- Waukesha panel OKs La Casa de Esperanza's charter school expansion
- Waukesha planning staff mulling another downtown apartment project