A 40-year-old woman was hit by a train at 12:36 p.m. Monday near Frame Park in Waukesha.
Flight for Life transported the woman to Froedtert Hospital and is in serious condition, Lt. Tom Wagner of the Waukesha Police Department said.
The accident occurred at the intersection of Whiterock Avenue and Perkins Avenue.
When Waukesha Police and Fire Department personnel arrived, the woman was found lying next to the railroad tracks.
The victim was medically assessed by police and paramedics and was immediately transported to the hospital.
All Waukesha roadways have resumed normal traffic.
- Unfavorable weather crimps attendance at Waukesha County Fair
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who led police on naked, drug-fueled pursuit
- Ex-Kmart site in Waukesha to grow with new freestanding retail building
- Plans for new Mad Rooster Cafe net final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission (1)
- Power outage temporarily closes Waukesha County Courthouse, administrative buildings
- Assembly District 83 candidates agree on taxes, differ on opiate issue
- GOP vice presidential candidate Mike Pence to hold rally at Waukesha County Expo Center
- Waukesha man accused of spitting on, trying to bite police officers
- Waukesha panel OKs La Casa de Esperanza's charter school expansion
- Waukesha planning staff mulling another downtown apartment project