No one was injured in a house fire that occurred last night in a home at 421 Lemira Ave.
According to a release from the Waukesha Fire Department, the homeowner called 911 around 8 p.m. Sunday when he noticed smoke coming from his ceiling.
All five fire stations responded to the alarm along with several police department personnel. Upon arrival, firefighters reported smoke and flames showing from a single-story, single-family home. Residents had safely exited the house before firefighters arrived.
Battalion Chief Steve Ore said crews made a quick, aggressive interior attack and brought the fire under control within 15 minutes.
Units from all the other stations provided support with water supply, extinguished the fire from the exterior and checked for fire extension.
Ore said it appears that the fire started in the chimney area.
However, the homeowner did have a fire burning in his fireplace. The official cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Estimated damage is $30,000.