Trial begins for Waukesha man charged with supplying heroin in two drug overdose deaths
A 12-person jury was being selected Monday in the trial for a Waukesha man accused of supplying heroin to two people who died from a drug overdose.
Kevin S. Cobus, 28, was charged last year with two counts of first-degree reckless homicide/deliver drugs as a party to a crime in the deaths of Jamie L. Hansen, 24, of Muskego and Cody C. Riggs, 26, of Delafield.
According to prosecutors, Cobus allegedly assisted Riggs and Hansen in purchasing heroin.
Hansen died July 12, 2011 and Riggs on Jan. 6, 2012 from drug overdoses.
Opening statements were scheduled for later Monday with the trial continuing throughout the week at the Waukesha County Courthouse.
- Unfavorable weather crimps attendance at Waukesha County Fair
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who led police on naked, drug-fueled pursuit
- Ex-Kmart site in Waukesha to grow with new freestanding retail building
- Plans for new Mad Rooster Cafe net final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission
- Power outage temporarily closes Waukesha County Courthouse, administrative buildings
- Assembly District 83 candidates agree on taxes, differ on opiate issue
- GOP vice presidential candidate Mike Pence to hold rally at Waukesha County Expo Center
- Waukesha man accused of spitting on, trying to bite police officers
- Waukesha panel OKs La Casa de Esperanza's charter school expansion
- Waukesha planning staff mulling another downtown apartment project