Speedway gas station in Waukesha robbed Friday morning
Police believe suspect fits description from Town of Brookfield robbery earlier this week
A Speedway gas station, 1600 E. Sunset Drive, in Waukesha was robbed at 12:54 a.m. Friday, according to a report from the Waukesha Police Department.
Lt. Tom Wagner of the Criminal Investigation Division said a Speedway employee informed police that a suspect entered the gas station, implied that he had a weapon and demanded money.
The suspect obtained an undisclosed amount of money and fled. No one was injured in the incident, Wagner said.
The suspect is described as a white male, approximately 5’6” tall, average build, wearing blue jeans, a black hat, black ski-mask, black hooded sweatshirt and brown shoes.
Wagner said the suspect's description and photos obtained are similar to a robbery that happened at 10 p.m. Wednesday at a Subway restaurant, 19555 W. Bluemound Road., in the Town of Brookfield.
During that incident, the suspect demanded cash, displayed a black handgun in his waistband and employees handed over the money from the cash drawer before the suspect fled on foot.
Anyone with information on these incidents should call Waukesha Police at (262) 524-3831.
- Unfavorable weather crimps attendance at Waukesha County Fair
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who led police on naked, drug-fueled pursuit
- Ex-Kmart site in Waukesha to grow with new freestanding retail building
- Plans for new Mad Rooster Cafe net final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission
- Power outage temporarily closes Waukesha County Courthouse, administrative buildings
- Assembly District 83 candidates agree on taxes, differ on opiate issue
- GOP vice presidential candidate Mike Pence to hold rally at Waukesha County Expo Center
- Waukesha man accused of spitting on, trying to bite police officers
- Waukesha panel OKs La Casa de Esperanza's charter school expansion
- Waukesha planning staff mulling another downtown apartment project