Milwaukee main break, Waukesha power failure shut blood centers
Two Blood Center of Wisconsin donation centers are closed at a time when the group already faces a decrease in O-negative and platelet donations.
The downtown Milwaukee donation center and the Waukesha Donation Center will remain closed throughout Wednesday, according to a news release from the Blood Center.
The Milwaukee location is closed because of a 12-inch water main break on Wisconsin Ave. between W. 16th and W. 18th streets, and the Waukesha location remains without power after storm damage earlier in the week.
Anyone who wants to donate can do so until 7 p.m. Wednesday at the center's Declaration for Donations Blood Drive at State Fair Park on the 600 block of S. 84th St. The group also has donation centers in Wauwatosa, Brown Deer, Greenfield, Racine and Kenosha.
More Health and Fitness Stories
- No matter the frailty or dementia, everyone here has a purpose
- Unsafe sleep conditions tied to most sudden infant deaths
- Clinics break down walls in treating illnesses of body, mind
- UWM professor taking a deeper dive on beach pollution data (13)
- As racial gap widens, infant mortality rate goal beyond reach (63)