Crash on 6th St. viaduct kills motorcyclist from Waukesha
A 37-year-old man was killed in a motorcycle accident late Thursday, Milwaukee police said.
The man was identified as James Springer of Waukesha, according to the Milwaukee County medical examiner's office.
He was traveling south on the 6th St. viaduct from downtown to the near south side about 9:55 p.m. when he lost control on the slope and slight curve at the end of the bridge, hit the curb and suffered fatal injuries, according to a Milwaukee police news release.
Police say speed was a factor.
More Milwaukee County News
- 81-year-old man reported dead in Hales Corners pool drowning
- Teen released on signature in carjacking faces nine felonies
- No matter the frailty or dementia, everyone here has a purpose
- Elizabeth Brenner: After 12 years, thanks to my co-workers — and to all of you
- Human trafficking tough fight for state, attorney general says