Six people were evacuated after a fire started in their Town of Waukesha residence Monday evening.
Squads from the Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department and the Town of Waukesha Fire Department responded to a structure fire at the home. The fire was reported at 6:04 p.m.
Several other local fire departments also responded.
The residence was initially occupied by four adults and two children, who were all safely evacuated. No injuries were reported.
The initial investigation indicates that the fire may have started in the chimney. A fire was burning in the fireplace when the fire began.
The incident is being investigated by the Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department.