T.J. Maxx, other stores coming to expanded Shoppes at Fox River
T.J Maxx, Ulta Salon and Cosmetics, Rue 21, and Charming Charlie’s will be the first tenants in the second phase of Shoppes at Fox River, on Waukesha's southwest side.
Opus Development Corp. will break ground this month on the shopping center's addition, which eventually will total 150,000 square feet, Opus said Friday. The first part of that expansion will include more than 47,000 square feet of retail space.
The Shoppes at Fox River, 1180 W. Sunset Drive, opened in July 2009. The first phase has about 273,000 square feet, including a Target, and a Pick ‘n Save.
- Two new Ross Dress for Less stores set to open Saturday
- Meijer store in Sussex to open Tuesday
- National Business Furniture grand opening set for June 14
- Men's retailer Richard Bennett Tailors moving to Brookfield Square from Mayfair
- Bon-Ton Stores Inc. planning to sell, lease back three more stores
- Hallmark aiming for another touchdown: Packer Jordy Nelson is 2016 Keepsake ornament
- Wisconsin's first Akira store opens Friday at Brookfield Square
- Downtown Boston Store's new furniture department debuts Thursday
- Meijer partners with Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin network
- Fox Bros. Piggly Wiggly lands meat contest awards
Retail Business News
All sorts of things are bubbling up — from exotica such as holograms and virtual reality to more-prosaic but potentially more-useful technology — as legacy retailers seek to merge their physical outposts with the online world.
The transformation has chains making major investments, and Menomonee Falls-based Kohl's Corp., one of the Milwaukee area's largest employers, is no exception.