At HAWS we're taking “March” literally, with many great activities and especially several exciting Mobile Adoption Center events!
HAWS’ Mobile Adoption Center brings adoptable animals out into the community - can't make it to our shelter? We'll come to you! This month’s special events include:
- Take your dog with you (really!) to the Milwaukee Admirals Dog Day Afternoon, THIS Sunday, March 7th – HAWS benefits from each ticket purchased when you use the special code “HAWS” when ordering online, or buy your tickets through Brian at the Admirals office (414-227-0567) and tell him you want your donation to go to HAWS!
- Make a Spring Break Splash on March 19-20th at K-9 Splash Center in Oconomowoc. Bring your pup to play in the pool and support the HAWS cause, too! Registration required, call 262-569-9540.
- Good Harvest Market in Waukesha is holding a special sales day for HAWS on March 27th– 5% of purchases made that day will be donated to the shelter, and HAWS’ Executive Director Lynn Olenik will lead a discussion on choosing the right pet and pet care tips. Adoptable pets will be available for viewing at the Market.
And don’t miss a minute of the action happening at our Shelter!
Get Lucky…or Spot or Fido or Fluffy, our annual adoptathon/St. Pat’s Day party will be on Saturday, March 13th from noon to 3:00 pm. People and pets are welcome to join us at HAWS for fun, games and treats!
- TTouch for Little Critters is Sunday, March 6th – pre-registration is required.
- The Friends of HAWS hold their monthly meeting on Wednesday, March 10th.
- HAWS volunteers will do small animal pedicures at Pet Supplies Plus on Wednesday the 10th and at the shelter on Saturday the 20th.
- Learn First Aid for Pets on Saturday, March 27th. Pre-registration is required.
During the month of March we also have several FREE behavior seminars focusing on dogs, puppies AND cats, and we’re enrolling for all three levels of our dog training classes. Information on all of these events is available at www.hawspets.org or by calling the shelter at 262-542-8851.
By the way - our 27th Annual Pet Walkathon is coming on Saturday, May 1st– it's not too soon to start raising funds on foot or online!