We are put into many situations and are given opportunities within our lifetime that allow us the opportunity to grow and learn. When we are in the middle of the situation we may be angry or experiencing another emotion that doesn't allow us to see what we are meant to learn or take away. After the situation has subsided, that is our chance to take a step back, quiet the mind, and open up to the information that we are meant to take away or learn. This may be challenging at first, but the more that you allow yourself to quiet down and listen the more information you may take away from situations. The following is some food for thought as you reflect on your life experiences.
Life: The Rules
By: John Amaro, DC, FIACA
- You will receive one body, of which, should you wear it out, you will have nowhere to live. You are expected to make alterations, improvements, and maintenance on a regular basis. How you feed and care for your body is paramount in how long you will operate at maximum efficiency.
- You will be enrolled in school from the first day of birth. Everyday lessons will be taught. You will be given the opportunity to learn from these lessons. Some lessons will be thought of as stupid and irrelevant; some will be liked and enjoyed.
- There are no mistakes, only “learning experiences”. Growth is a process of trial and error along with experimentation. The failure experiment is just as important to our lives as the so called successful one.
- A lesson is repeated over and over for weeks, months, or years, until it is learned. This lesson will be presented to you in various forms by a variety of people in a variety of situations until you always score an A+; only then can you go on to another lesson.
- Learning never ends; there is no part of life that does not contain significant lessons. Everyday, every waking hour we are confronted with thoughts, situations, and experiences from which we can learn.
- “Over there” is never better than “right here”. Whenever “over there” becomes “right here” we will always find another “over there” which appears better than the current “right here”. (Read this three times. There is a great lesson “right here”.)
- Other people’s mannerisms, quirks, or personalities, which we love or dislike, are merely mirror images of us within ourselves.
- What you make of your life is up to you. You have been given all the tools and resources you need: what you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
- A question, challenge, or situation is never posed to us unless we are prepared and ready to answer the question, accept the challenge, or the right situation.
- What you see in the universe sees you.